Saturday, April 16, 2011

Love these shoes...

As I am approaching the end of my pregnancy (which I am looking forward to!) I am feeling more and more aches and pains. Ahhh, the joys of being pregnant! Not a ton of projects have been completed, but I have had quite a few projects waiting to be blogged and thought this one was quite a winner! Since I love shoes, yet know they are not very practical for newborns I found this very cute and easy pattern to make baby shoes. The pattern and instructions are on Stardust Shoes. She writes the instructions for Michael Miller Fabrics and recently I have really loved their designs!

One thing I do love about this shoe is that it does not take a lot of fabric, so I can use my scraps ;) The only thing I had to buy was a leather for the sole, which I will have extra galore! The pattern says that the shoe is for 0-6 mo, but it really can be used for a child up to 1 yr. Sizes can be altered by adding an extra 1/4" to 1/2" to the pattern, super easy!

Here is my fabric with my interfacing ironed on...


Here are the toe portions ready to go...



And here are the heel portions...


Here is a bit of it sewn together and...

Here they are!


There are lots of ways the shoes could be embellished, but I thought these looked good the way they were (and a little girl's birthday present was overdue, yikes!) and opted for a plain shoe. I am really hoping I can make some for my little man and can find some great fabric for him.

I have projects galore these next four weeks (or til baby arrives) but think it is my crazy nesting giving me the energy! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!