Monday, October 10, 2011

Hall Change!

I love batten and board! I looked up tutorials on how to do it and I found about 2,747,832 different ones. Seriously, there are a lot! I have this funky space in our hall that was just begging for something. I didn't want another thing to clean, but we really needed some kind of coat rack. After pa-rousing the web, I definitely landed on batten board. I really enjoyed this project. It was a lot of bang for little buck. It did take about 4 weeks for me to finish this, especially since I decided to paint the whole hall! There are definitely great tutorials on the web so I'll just show you my transformation.

 This was the corner of my hall. It was plain and needed to become useful!

 I used 1x2 and 1x3 for the board. I used liquid nails to adhere it to the wall. Screws and blue tape were my favorite to keep them there!

 I had thin baseboard so I cut the bottom of the 1x2 at a 45 degree angle to tie it in.

 I then caulked that baby up and got it ready for paint.

 I then primed and painted the wall and boards. I then decided that I needed to paint the whole hallway.

 Here it is all done! Yea. This is a view from straight on.

 This is the view from looking down the hall.

 I really like the double hooks so I can hang more things! Not a bad deal at $3 for 2 hooks!

 This is also some vinyl I did above the kids baby pictures in the hall. I really like it :)!

A close up of the vinyl. I really love the new color of the hall! I love the hall being functional and pretty. What more can a girl ask for!

Also, my grandma wanted to see some recent pictures of the kids. Here they are grams!

 Awww. Sisters!
 I love this pacifier, so fun for the fall.

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Sienna looks a lot like Missy in that picture in her cute little striped outfit! Kristi, the hallway look amazing! Seriously--I love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!