Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some refashions...

This fall has been flying by for me. My baby is 5 months old and just had 2 teeth pop through. I honestly thought he was too little. Recently I have been trying to slow down. It is not easy for me to do (or for most people for that matter). I like lists. I like checking things off. I like being clutter free. I like simple. Unfortunately, in this season of life those things are quite difficult to achieve. I keep reminding myself that this is a season. As it is fall here in Chico the leaves are just starting to change into beautiful hues of yellow, orange, red and browns. We visited a farm and were able to going on a big harvester and watch the rice be harvested (so fun!) and are enjoying the cool temperatures. All this reminds me that there is more change to come. Soon it will be winter and many more changes will come. I need to slow down and enjoy the moments I have with my children. They are short and precious.


Out at the rice fields!

Ok, enough of that. I really enjoyed making and repurposing clothing lately. Here are some of my before and after pictures of some clothes that I have changed with a brief description.




 Here is a skirt that I had that was waaay too long. I liked the way it fit on top, so I chopped it short and cut a strip of fabric 8 inches wide, folded it in half and ironed it. I then sewed it to the bottom of the skirt to create a shorter skirt that I will actually wear!!!












The after skirt!


 
Here is a sweater that I have been hanging on to from high school (yikes!) I don't like the length, but who doesn't like a black sweater? I cut it short and then just used iron on hem tape for the bottom. I really like the new length as is flairs out at the waist.











Here is the after!

I also bought some knit fabric and made a very simple Yoga skirt. You can find the tutorial that I used here.


It is a fun skirt that I enjoy wearing!

Here are a couple of dresses that I made from the Simplicity Pattern 6387. I liked the fact that it said EASY on the front and was only $.99 on sale at Joanns, score! I bought yellow fabric in San Francisco and fell in love with it. It is a Robert Kaufman fabric that I thought would create a great fall dress.



This is my older daughter's dress, I love the apron!!



This is my younger daughter's dress.











The girls love the pockets on the apron. These dresses only took about 2 hours to put together! Not too bad for a cute dress!







Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!