Monday, May 2, 2011

Weddings!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of having my mom, dad, sister, cousins and grandma come up to visit. All the ladies attended a shower for my future sister-in-law, Katie Rystrom! My brother and her are tying the knot on August 13th of this year and we could not be more thrilled. So, of course I had an idea in mind of what I wanted to make her! I have been waiting for a while to make this and had my brother send me some photos to try to be a bit sneaky!

I took the idea from the Shanty2Chic blog that I had mentioned earlier. They had made photo blocks and I thought this would be very fun for a wedding gift. I had already made the blocks according to the Shanty website and just had to cut out my vinyl.

I first cut out the pieces I wanted on my Silhouette from the vinyl. If you do not have the ablility to do this, there are TONS of pre-made vinyl that you can purchase at many stores (Michaels, Target, Joann to name a few) and then adhere to the blocks. I would just recommend buying the vinyl first so you know how big to make the blocks.

I then adhered my vinyl to the blocks that I had made. I followed the directions from the Shanty2Chic site for the photos. I adhered them with a spray adhesive and then put a layer of modpodge over them to dull the look of the pictures. I liked how they turned out and am definitely going to be using these for other gifts!


Also, I thought I would show you the door hanger that I made for the playhouse! As I said earlier, everything in time might be labeled! Yikes!


Our first attempt at a picture of the sign...

Our second attempt at a picture with the sign...

Only a picture with the sign! Brooklynn loves it and I am glad to have it done!

1 comment:

  1. So Great!! I can't wait to come see all the crafts in real life!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!