Monday, September 26, 2011

Little Boxes

This past weekend my husband and I were able to get away to San Francisco for the weekend. The girls stayed with my husband's parents (Josiah is still somewhat attached!) and headed to the foggy city. We had a fun time and were able to see some friends and family. This trip I wanted to head to some of the large fabric stores. We went to one of the most famous and oldest fabric stores in San Francisco, called Britex Fabrics and bought a couple fabrics which I'm very excited to make into some cute things.

In the blogging world though I thought I would share something I made for my desk. A while  back I knew I needed some organization in my new space so I took an idea I saw from Shanty2Chic and made it mine!

 I started with a yogurt box because I thought it would be the perfect size to put mail and bills that needed to be paid.

 I then cut them in half and got out my trusty glue gun.

 I then got some fabric that I had, it is actually a painters drop cloth (shhhhh!) and glued it to the box. I made sure to have enough to fit around the box and then cut the sides to go under the side fabric. There are a couple of ways this could have been done, but mine didn't need to be special, so I just did it quick! I then tucked the excess fabric inside the box.

 I then picked out my accent fabric and folded over one side and glued it to create a clean edge and then glued the rest around the top of my box.

I like how these little guys came out and they are turning out to be quite handy in my work station! I do have 2 of them and made a little rosette to put on the second one. They turned out great!

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!