Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When you just don't know what to get...


My husband turned 30 this past week (and yes I am already 30!) I really wanted to be able to celebrate my husband and all that he has accomplished, but I think men's gifts are the toughest!  Usually the gifts men want either cost hundreds of dollars (tools, electronics, car gear, TV's, etc.) or if they really want it and it is affordable they go out and buy it. Sigh. So since I want to do something special for my husband so I ended up compiling a little book of words, notes or blessings from friends and family. Some of you may be on top of things, but usually I function in last minute. So I was proud of myself when I was able to get an email out early, yea! I wrote a short e-mail asking for letters e-mailed back so that I could compile them in a book. I wanted them in digital format so all I had to do was cut and paste. 

I thought this would be a great gift as all of us need some encouragement at times! I wanted this to be a tangible way that he could be reminded of how many people love him. Wanting people to have some time to write back, I had this printed and bound locally. Many online or photo book sites would be a great resource to use to make one of these as well. I downloaded a photo book template in PowerPoint and added all my text and photos to that document. 


 I decided to print on paper and have it spiral bound. I put a clear vinyl over the front page and then black on the back. 


I included some pictures but it mostly consisted of letters. It was pretty easy to put together and cost about $10. I know that our words can be a great gift!! 
 
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen ~ Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!